Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 46: Thankful Today for No Snow Yet


I took my morning walk today and for the first time in a long time, I had to grab a jacket. And despite the extra layer the chill crept in. Fortunately, as I walked the motion built up a heat that warmed me. As I looked at the turning leaves and felt the chill in the air, I was so grateful the ground is still green. There is none of that frozen or powdery white stuff that causes the grass to go dormant for several months. For now there is just a chill. And in some places I still see the beauty of a flower or two. Oh if it could last all year round.

But I guess the cold, gray winter makes the warm, green spring that much more beautiful. And us, that much more grateful when it finally appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment