Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 31: Thankful Today for God's Traffic Cones

I have been praying for something for a long time. Instead of seeing my prayer answered with a "Yes" or "take this route," it's like God has dropped down a huge traffic cone. I have been stopped, put on hold, waiting. Why?

When I look up the use of traffic cones I find they are placed on roads or footpaths to temporarily redirect traffic in a safe manner and to give advance warning of hazards or dangers. Sometimes too, they redirect traffic while an area is under construction.

So, has my journey been stalled to prevent me from going into a dangerous area? Is the place that God has for me still under construction? Or maybe I am not ready yet and there is still something he needs to build in me. Maybe my footpath has been blocked and I have been redirected to stay put for now, while he prepares a place for me and prepares the places in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment