Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 44: Thankful Today for my Portable Heater


 The cold snuck up on us. It was in the low 80's and high 70's one week and then all of a sudden the high was the mid 50's. So evenings and mornings have turned cold in just a few days. I turned on my heat for the first time since the end of winter and nothing. No click of the baseboard heaters. No sound of the heated water moving through the pipes. Nothing.

Thankfully, I have a portable heater bought some time ago. I dragged it out, wiped off the dust, plugged it up and hoped. A slight click and a few pops of oil heating up and within the hour, I was warm again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh god, I know what that's like. I had a similar problem after a huge storm we had near me earlier in December. We were left without power for almost week, and I had to stay at the house for a weekend waiting for the bums from the power company to come out and fix it, while my wife and daughter were staying with my wife's sister. Thank God I had a generator and my portable infrared heater I take ice fishing or I might have frozen to death.

    ReplyDelete