Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 38: Thankful Today for Another Day


I have been having this brooding feeling. Lately I am unusually aware of the shortness of our days. I think back to the many people in my family who have passed all within a few years time span. I miss them and life has changed so much since their departure.

Their passing also reminds me of how little time we actually do have on this earth. I wonder how different my life would be if I really knew when its end was. How differently would I live? How much more would I value the time I have with those I love? How much less time would I spend on those things that don't matter? But since I don't know my end date, today I need to treasure and be thankful that I woke up this morning and was given another day. And I need to live this day with its value in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment