Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 74: Thankful Today for A Focus Reminder


I had an interesting dream the other night. As I was driving the road became treacherous with unexpected drop offs. I stopped, caught in the dilemma of how to proceed. And then I woke up. Immediately the images of the dream were replaced with a word picture I had heard some time ago. Standing at cliff's edge I focused on the chasm between where I stood and where I was headed. The chasm was a deep black hole filled with frustrations, disappointments, and anger. As I focused on the black hole I wondered how I would cross over it to get to the other side.

Then the word came to me. If you focus on the hole you will end up in the hole. Whatever you focus on there you will land. Focus on the other side. Focus on where you are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment