Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 65: Thankful Today for Courteous Customer Service


Don't you hate when you buy something from an infomercial and get charged for the extras you didn't order, but they kept trying to sell you. You know you said no, but the charge still appears. And then you have to make the dreaded call. The one where you dispute the purchase you never agreed to. It's usually not met by a friendly customer rep on the other end.

But this time was different. The frustration of learning I had been charged twice for something I never bought had crept into the tone of my voice. But the person on the other end of the line met me with a calm reassurance that he would take care of the problem. And an apologetic tone filled with promises of recompense. So many times we complain about bad customer service, that I have to give recognition for when it's good. I am thankful for those in customer service who are able to take bad situations and bring them to friendly resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment