Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 29: Thankful Today for The Water Cooler Conversations

I am thankful today for the water cooler conversations. About mid afternoon when the need for a break pushes me away from my desk I land at the break room. There the room is filled with people getting coffee, tea, a fresh glass of water or a snack from the vending machine. In the midst of all the motion of acquiring… the conversations flow. They range from the usual complaints about the day to the thought-provoking discourses that cause you ponder long after you have left the room.

The latter opens my viewpoints and takes my mind of of my stresses. Actually, even the former does as well. There seems to always be someone who has it as bad if not worse. And sometimes we help each other find a solution. Or at least lend an empathetic ear, lifting the spirits of the person who was able to unload because they were heard.

Sometimes the water cooler is a place to recharge. You just have to be careful about who is there when you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment