Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 114: Thankful Today for Nuggets of Wisdom


I was listening to Sunday services on the television one weekend. I don't remember much of the messages, mainly the overall feeling and determination they left me with. But two little nuggets of wisdom stood out to me and have remained.  I plan to keep them in mind in 2012. One pastor said, "Don't make long term decisions based on short term feelings." This is not an easy thing to do. But I have seen the results of making one of these bad decisions. The price you pay is also long term. It was a painful, but necessary lesson.

And to go along with that, another pastor stated, "Live everyday today keeping the future in mind."

It was interesting to see two separate ministers miles apart preaching very similar principles. Hmmmmm. It must be a message many of us need to hear right now. It is definitely one I will take to heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment