Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 154: Thankful Today for A Co-Worker I will Miss


I haven't posted in awhile because it's been a challenging week. My company's layoffs continued and I lost two people I cared about. There is one I want to mention today. I am thankful for the friendship we built. Her sense of humor relieved the tension that often filled the office. We inspired each other with conversations full of depth of thought. And at times she was a surprise. The cross pictured was one of those.

I found it on my desk upon my return from a Christmas vacation. What was special about it was that she made it herself. She was expert in making jewelry in silver and other precious metals. But what really touched my heart was that though we did not share the same faith, she recognized how important my faith was to me. And she chose to make a symbol of that which I hold dear. I am thankful for my co-worker, my friend, and I will miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment