Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 143: Thankful Today the Weatherman Wasn't Wayyyyyy Off


I went to bed expecting to awake to only the dusting to an inch of snow the weatherman predicted. I awoke early at about 3am and the scene outside the window was a surprise. The snow was coming down heavily and I feared the prediction was definitely off. I went back to bed with visions of an earlier storm playing in my head. It was about 2 years ago at this time of year. It was my first major snowstorm in this area and we received almost 2 ft. of snow. I so hoped I wouldn't awake the second time to that scene.

When the alarm went off at 6am a second peek filled me with a mix of relief and irritation. I had hoped for just a dusting to an inch. Instead I would be delayed cleaning about 4 inches of snow off my car. But thankfully even though the weatherman was off. He wasn't wayyyyy off. It was under a foot of snow and the delay was short. By the time I was ready for work the rising temperatures had melted much of it off the roads and cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment