Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 175: Thankful Today for My Apartment


 This is something I thought I'd never say.

Let me give a little history. When I arrived for house hunting I ended up back at the hotel almost in tears. What had I done and where was I moving too? And it was too late to turn back. I had given up my job and home in the state I was leaving. And becoming disappointed with where I was moving.

Fast forward several years later and I am still here. Circumstances have hindered my leaving. So I have gotten used to my place and am starting to become thankful for what it provides: a roof over my head, a place that keeps me warm in the winter and sometimes cool in the summer, a safe environment (except for the occasional wandering bear). Maybe I should go ahead and hang the last group of pictures that are still leaning against the wall. For right now it is home, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment