Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 163: Thankful Today For LinkedIn


It took me awhile to get around to using it. My first thought was not another website I have to check. I have several email addresses, go to school online, have a Facebook account, and more. I just didn't want to add one more reason to be on the Internet more often. But through the encouragement of friends I made a profile. And did nothing else.

But then a class introduced me to the concept of using LinkedIn as a personal learning network. It was an assignment so I did. I joined groups pertaining to what I was studying. Not only did I learn more about the industry I hope to enter, but I also began to make new connections. I started to meet people who practice what I am learning. I also met people in my current industry. LinkedIn has turned out to be a productive tool in my educational and career development.

No comments:

Post a Comment