Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 101: Thankful Today for My Freedoms


 I just finished watching the Presidential debates. Though I found it interesting, what struck me more were the freedoms the candidates represented. There was a woman on the stage. There was a time when a woman could not run for the presidential office or was even allowed to vote for any of the men seeking the position. This same woman mentioned a candidate who had been in the race who was an African-American. He represented a people who had even fewer rights at one time in the history of the U.S. There were men on the stage who had started their lives in poverty. Because of the freedoms and opportunities available to them they had worked their way into positions of authority. They had also attained the means to care for their families beyond what their parents had had.

I so hope that if one of these candidates wins they remember the freedoms that allowed them to have that position. I hope they protect those freedoms and restore any we have lost. I am thankful for the freedoms I have in my country and am hopeful our next president shares this thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment